High Roller Radio
News, Views & Interviews
Notes, quotes & anecdotes. Bad Beats, Remarkable Feats & Casino Cheats.
The High Roller Radio Blog
2-to-1 you'll LOVE it!
The New England Patriots went 13-3 against the spread during the regular season. The last team to cover 13 games in the regular season and win the Super Bowl was New England, doing so during its 2003 championship campaign. That year they went just 1-2 against the spread during the playoffs.
The Atlanta Falcons played to a 13-3 over-under mark during the regular season. They are 2-0 over-under in the NFL Playoffs. Atlanta is the first team to cash the over in 15 games since the 1997 Denver Broncos, which won the Super Bowl that year.
- The Patriots have a team total in Super Bowl 51 of 30.5 points. They've scored 30 or more points just once in their eight all-time appearances in the Super Bowl.
- No Super Bowl has featured at least 58 points since Super Bowl 47 between the 49ers and Ravens. That game sailed past the total of 48 points. Only eight of the 50 prior Super Bowls have reached at least 58 points.
- This is only the 10th time that the Super Bowl has featured a total of at least 50. Only three of the 10 have gone over the total.
- This is the first time an AFC team has been favored in the Super Bowl since Super Bowl 48, and if the Patriots do win and cover this game, it will be the first time an AFC team has covered a Super Bowl as a favorite since Super Bowl 41. AFC teams have been favored five times since that point and they are just 1-4 SU and 0-5 ATS in said games, including two New England losses in the Super Bowl to the Giants.
- This will be the eighth consecutive Super Bowl with a pointspread of a touchdown or less, and the fifth time in the last seven seasons that the spread in the Super Bowl was three points or fewer. -- Bookmaker Sports Book
2-to-1 you'll LOVE it!
Suoer Bowl LI
The event will mark the 50th anniversary year of the first Super Bowl, played on January 15, 1967. Super Bowl LI is the Patriots' ninth Super Bowl appearance, the most of any team, is their second appearance in three years and their seventh under the leadership of head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. The Falcons are making their second appearance as a franchise, hoping to win their first Super Bowl, having lost in their only previous Super Bowl appearance in Super Bowl XXXIII.
Gaga at Halftime!
The Super Bowl LI halftime show will be headlined by Lady Gaga.